The first time I saw you, I knew my life would never be the same. Your face was swollen, red, and puffy, but to me it was the most beautiful I'd ever seen. Everything in you was perfect: your fingers, your toes, your shock of black hair, your newly-opened eyes. You were the epitome of everything new and good. To me, your existence meant love, hope, and wonder. The gift of you brought to life a part of my heart that I didn't know was there. To put it simply, I never knew a piece of me could exist outside my body. Also, I never knew the true meaning of “tired” until you came! Regardless, everything you did was amazing. When you smiled, held your head steady, sat by yourself, clapped, gurgled, crawled, stood, walked, talked... I was giddy with joy. I'd never felt a joy so pure. For the next three years, my life revolved completely around you (and, eleven months after you came, your sister). My sense of myself – my very existence – was defined by my babies. It was simultaneousl...
Comments
Post a Comment